A friend of mine has been trying out healthy, protein-filled recipes lately, and shared this one with me because of my undying love for bananas and pancakes. (I eat at least one banana every single day, without fail.)
I ended up changing a few ingredients to make it my own, but the final product was too good to keep to myself.
This minimal-ingredient, super simple recipe is perfect for quickly filling your belly on mornings when you have a little bit of extra time, but not the entire day to be cooking.
- 2 bananas
- 1 c. oats
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- (optional) any type of nut butter/sunflower butter
- (optional) chocolate chips, blueberries, or strawberries
- Lightly grease and heat skillet or pan on low
- In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients until viscous
- Spoon heaps of mixture onto skillet
- Gently flatten with the back of spoon
- Flip when pancakes no longer fall apart
To finish: spread some peanut, almond, sunflower, or what-have-you butter onto your pancakes, and sprinkle with chocolate chips or fruit to add even more sweetness. Enjoy!