A friend of mine has been trying out a bunch of healthy, protein-filled recipes lately and shared this one with me, because of my undying love for bananas and pancakes.
And, let me tell you, it did not disappoint.
This minimal-ingredient, super simple recipe is perfect for quickly filling your belly up on mornings when you have a little bit of extra time, but not the entire day to be cooking.
- 2 bananas
- 1 c. oats
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- any type of nut butter/sunflower butter
- chocolate chips
- Lightly grease skillet and turn it on a low temperature
- Mix together all ingredients until viscous
- Spoon heaps of mixture onto skillet
- Gently flatten heaps with back of spoon
- Flip when pancakes no longer fall apart
To finish: spread some peanut, almond, sunflower, or what-have-you butter onto your pancakes, and sprinkle with chocolate chips to add even more sweetness. Enjoy!
*Since chocolate chips may not be the healthiest ingredient, they can easily be swapped out for blueberries, raspberries, sunflower seeds, or any other of your favorite, good-for-you toppings.*